Interviews & Content Coming Soon! Crafts, Tea, Technology, Marketing/Advertising, Health, Radio, Social Media, Voice Overs, Photography, and more! Don't forget to visit BlissRadioShow.com!

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

About The Bliss Radio Show Studio


Hi, I’m Dale and this is a short article about my home recording studio.

A little background information….

I’m the morning personality for a 50,000 watt FM radio station in Northwestern Pennsylvania and have been broadcasting for many years.  I also consult clients and sell advertising along with managing operations for our three small market stations.

Five years ago, I decided to try recording at home because I wanted to be able to record on my schedule – instead of constantly waiting to get into one of our work studios.  Recording at home, when it was convenient for me, made sense.

I started out with a microphone and a laptop and produced pretty decent recordings right off the bat.  I was so enthused that I began research on building my own home studio.

After a few of years of trial and error and plenty of help from knowledgeable friends, I now record exclusively at home.

Here”s what I’m using for equipment:

My recording computer is the iMac 27.  I use Adobe Audition CS 5.5 for just about every project.

My main microphones are the AKG C414 and the Electrovoice RE20.  I use the RE20 for most of my day to day work for the stations and the C414 for other voice over projects.  Jennifer’s microphone is the AT 2020.

The microphones are fed through a Mackie 1402 VLZ Pro Mixer.  For light front end processing for radio work,  I use the Presonus Studio Channel with the RE20 and no front end processing for the C414.

From the mixer, the signal is sent to the M-Audio Fast Track Ultra USB Interface.  For monitoring, I use the KRK Rocket 5’s.

My studio is treated with heavy curtains, carpet and foam.  I also built a cloud for the ceiling.  Notice “treated” – not “soundproof”.  I have to wait for the neighbor to stop mowing and for the occasional loud vehicle to pass!

My studio produces fantastic results and will meet my needs for many years to come.

If you’re interested in learning more about Home Recording, the internet is a terrific resource.  If you have any questions about my set-up, just drop me a line and I’ll do my best to answer them.

1 comment:

  1. I'll be interested to read what you have to write. For several years I've thought about hosting a podcast one of my personal sites. Although not the same at what you're doing hopefully, I'll get some tips from your posts. :)

    ReplyDelete